Foodie

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kai lan Two Ways




This is special way to kick up a knotch to this dish. I have always served Yau Kai Lan and Mock Seaweed/Seasoned Laver as separate dishes and never thought of putting the two together until my elder girl, Sharon, told me that she had this dish for dinner at a restaurant in Malaysia. I should have used the very tiny 'ikan bilis' but since i had a tub of fried ikan bilis, decided to use that.



Ingredients:

11/2 lb Kai Lan
1/2 cup Tiny ikan bilis - fried until crispy
Toasted sesame seeds
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp garlic oil
Method:
Follow the method in Yau Kai Lan and Mock Seaweed/Seasoned Laver

7 comments:

CRIZ LAI said...

This is quite a nice fusion oriental dish indeed. :)

http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

Allie said...

I tried this dish at Double Good too. It's nice and special.

http://allie-sunny.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What is ikan bilis?

Unknown said...

anonymous

ikan bilis is dried anchovies and for this recipe, use the very tiny ones

karlsfoodie said...

oh my! i just had this dish at a local restaurant and I was wondering hw to go about it!

thanx heaps!

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

This looks superyummy! I love kailan -- and that topping is just going to be sensational!

Anonymous said...

Hi

I have tried cooking this dish. Instead of using fried anchovies, I replaced it with chicken/pork floss sprinkled on the fried kai lan leaves....its taste good too...you may like to try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...