This dish is made with pizza ingredients and it is not made in the pizza conventional method but the pot pie way, in a dish.
Pizza Crust Dough:
2 1/4 cups bread flour
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tsp instant yeast
8 ozs mozzarella cheese
4 cups of simple tomato sauce(recipe is at bottom of page)
8 ozs button white mushroom
8 ozs ham or sausage
4 ovenproof cereal bowls
- Mix all the ingredients for the pizza crust dough and knead until smooth and elastic. Oil the dough and leave in a covered bowl to proof until double.
- While the dough is proofing, prepare the simple tomato sauce, cut or shredd the mozzarella cheese, clean mushrooms with a damp kitchen towel and cut ham or sausage into bite size.
- Grease the cereal bowls and line with the mozzarella cheese, add in the mushrooms and ham/sausage and top with the simple tomato sauce.
- When the pizza crust dough has doubled it's size, punch down and divide into 4 portions and make them into balls. Roll ball out to a size 1/2 inch to 1 inch bigger than the cereal bowl. Cover the bowl with the dough.
- Repeat with the other 3 balls and leave to proof. In the mean time, preheat oven at 425 f.
6. Put in hot oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until dough is brown.
7. Remove from oven and flip pizza crust on to serving plate and remove the cereal bowl.
Simple Tomato Sauce:
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil1 small onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1 stalk celery, chopped 1 carrot, chopped Salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 (32-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes 2 dried bay leaves 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, optional
In a large casserole pot, heat oil over medium high heat.
Add onion and garlic and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Add celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper.
Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes and bay leaves and simmer uncovered on low heat for 1 hour or until thick.
Remove bay leaves and check for seasoning. If sauce still tastes acidic, add unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon at a time to round out the flavors.