This jam is made with SUREJELL, a fruit pectin for homemade jams and jellies. I followed the Quick 'N Easy directions and it takes about half the time of cooked method, softer set with fresh fruit taste.
2 1/2 cups very finely chopped apricots
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
5 1/2 cups sugar
1 box SUREJELL
- Stir sugar into finely chopped apricots. Mix well. Let stand 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Stir pectin and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan.(Pectin may start out lumpy.) Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir pectin mixture into fruit mixture. Stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy, about three minutes.
- Pour into prepared containers, leaving 1/2 inch space at top for expansion during freezing; cover.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours until set.
- Refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Otherwise, store in freezer for up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator.