Foodie

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Kimchi Fried Rice

What a good way to use up the kimchi that the family is done eating it as a side. Being chinese, frying rice without egg or eggs is not acceptable, so very often this dish had at least 2 eggs added.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ingredients:

Rice for one person,
2 stalks of kimchi,
1/4 of onion,
50g of minced pork,
3roots of green onion,
1 teaspoon of ground garlic,
1teaspoon of soy sauce,
1 teaspoon of sesame oil, salt, pepper powder, cooking oil


Method:

It is better to use a leftover rice, if there is any, otherwise freshly cooked rice have to be cooled before frying.

Take out the insides of kimchi and cut them into small pieces.

Chop onions and green onions into small bits and mince the garlic.

Season the minced pork with soy sauce, minced garlic and pepper powder.

Saute the seasoned minced pork with cooking oil in frying pan. When the pork is cooked, put the onion and kimchi and cook more.

After five minutes, put in the minced garlic and green onion. Cook a little more and turn off the heat. Mix well after.

After mixing kimchi and pork with rice, turn on the heat again and taste with salt and pepper.

Finally put a little bit of sesame oil.

Put the rice into the dish and serve with crushed toasted seaweed and finely shredded omelette.

Serves

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunty Lily,
Do you happen to have the recipe for kimchi? I thought of making it. Thanks!

Unknown said...

delia

i have made kimchi many times and my son in law did not like what i made, so i am still trying to make the type he likes.

google for kimchi and you will find many kimchi recipes

Anonymous said...

Hi Lily

I love your recipes and it bring back lot of memory from homeland.
I am a vegetarian (don't take garlic, onion, shallot, leek & chive) and I have been trying out your recipes substituting the meat ingredient with vegetarian one and it taste great.
Just wondering if you have any vegetarian recipes. I like Kimchi but never buy them as they contain garlic so if you have any kimchi recipes without garlic. Thanks.

Unknown said...

anonymous

my kimchi making is still at the tweaking stage. i have not made a kimchi that satisfy my household.


garlic present in kimchi is for flavor so it can be omitted.

Anonymous said...

I have a version of kimchi fried rice which includes leftover turkey after thanksgiving. Check it out and tellme what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpW6fpIbR7s

zlamushka said...

Hey,

I just posted my ultimate kimchi recipe and cannot wait to try it again. Your fried rice is on top of my best lists. I simply love this one. I sometimes add peas or corn, whatever I have left in the house.

Anonymous said...

Lily, I've tried this recipe and its awesome! I love the sticky rice texture and my kids love it!!! Thanks!!! Best, Loretta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...