Foodie

Thursday, May 07, 2015

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY

“Only a small percentage of blogs survive their first year and 
Today I am proud to say that  I survived for 10 years”

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 
Exactly TEN years ago, MAY 10TH. 2005, an enthusiastic grandma hit the button “Publish” for the first time! At the time I did not really know what I was doing. A  member from a food forum, told me that i could document all my tested recipes.  I am not computer savvy and she told me that she will teach me how.  Taught me she did patiently answering all my silly questions.  I can't thank her enough for her kind gesture, JANNY RUTT , thank you and thank you.  I started this blog as a legacy of hand-me down tested recipes for my family but eventually i realised that i am fulfilling MY desire to teach people but at the same time i am learning more than i teach.  To me it is people helping people  to rediscover their culture and tradition through food.and i have become committed to keeping these food traditions alive. I cherish special dishes - especially festival/holiday dishes - that have been passed down through generations as a tribute to their heritage and ancestors. The internet and blogging has expanded my circle of influence that i  have and others that I can join, it helps people connect.  I would like to thank all you fantastic people who decided to join me to carry on this quest and helped me a great deal in shaping this blog.  Thank you again.



21 comments:

jo said...

Happy Anniversary Lily!.. Love ur recipes... Thank you for sharing.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Congrats Lily! You have been such an inspiration when I first started blogging. Thank you and hopefully we can all stay on this passion as long as we can. ;)

Peng said...

Happy anniversary ! I've been following your blog since the day I started blogging! Me too my humble blog going to be 10 soon.....next year hahaha

Veronica Ng said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary Lily. Your blog was my very first site that was introduced to me when I first learned how to surf the Internet for recipes. I was wowed by your numerous recipes. That was before I even started my own blog. Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your spirit of sharing. Look forward to see you celebrate more anniversaries of Wai Sek Hong.

Unknown said...

Good job mom, love u very much.

Angie's Recipes said...

Happy Anniversary Lily!

Geraldine said...

Happy Anniversary Lily !!!! You have certainly changed my life or rather my tummy.

Unknown said...

Congratulations & Happy Anniversary.. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more new recipies. Thank you

KP Kwan said...

Your posts have inspired me to create many good foods back home (Malaysia. Rock on!!

Tuty said...

Congrats, Lily. It's been a long time since we've been in touch but from time to time, I drop by your site to read your posts or find a recipe (just like today).

Keep up the good work, my friend.

philippe bd said...

glad to read this... happy birthday to one of my favourites... ;-) a few words from a french fan !

...Healing Journal said...

Congratulations! Thank you for your blog. I learned so much from you. Wishing you many happy returns and good health. Looking forward to your recipes and read your posts. Blessings from Canada.

sandrine said...

Happy 10th Anniversary! A decade is really something. Your blog is amazing! Please continue to share more of your new recipes. My family & friends can't get enough of your amazing recipes which I use to cook for my family & friends! Thank you Lily!

Unknown said...

Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website ini www.kumpulbagi.com untuk info selengkapnya.

Di sana anda bisa dengan bebas share dan mendowload foto-foto keluarga dan trip, music, video, resepi dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)

Unknown said...

dewi aja

thanks

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing all these lovely recipes!

-Anon follower since 2009

Anonymous said...

Happy 10th anniversary! Thanks so much for generously sharing your recipes!!

Fool-Bright said...

Happy blogging anniversary, Lily! I am a Malaysian and lived in Denver from 2006-2015. I still remember I was so happy to find out your blog! Just looking at your food pictures quench my thirst for Malaysian food. I have recommended your blog to many friends and they love it too. Many blessing to you and family!

Rama said...

Hello Aunty Lily, I m Rama - from Penang, we live in Oklahoma - I m Anuar your son in law's school n class mate from 74 - 84, we recently got in touch again, Cheers

Ramakrishnan said...

Hello Aunty Lily, Congratulations, I'm Rama from Penang living in Oklahoma - I was class/school mate of Anuar (Your Best Son In Law) from 1974 - 1984 and we recently met up again, he told me about this blog, Cheers, Rama

lilyng said...

ramakrishnan

hi, so nice of you to drop by. I love getting to know new friends especially we have a common person, anuar. how's the weather in oklahoma. it has been cold here in denver, colorado

take care and keep in touch

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...