Foodie

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Guggelhopf

There are many recipes for Guggelhopf as there are spellings to this bread. I did try making one when i got my silicone mould but i was not happy with the recipe i tried. I like the design of the mould so much that i had to bake with it, so i made a savory version - Chance Tomato Gugelhupf and it was a wonderful bread. This Christmas, i must make the Mccoy Guggelhopf, so i consulted my friend, Donna, who is residing in Germany for a recipe and she immediately gave me this recipe which i had tweaked. Thank you Donna, you are always my lifeline on European Cuisine. BTW Donna's blog is Simplybest From Food And Life . Donna told me that Guggelhopf is how the German spells this bread, she should know, she is German.





Continue for recipe HERE

5 comments:

simplybest55 said...

GUT GELUNGEN (translate : well done)

Unknown said...

simplybest55

thank you again and thank goodness there is a translation otherwise i would think that this is a new recipe, cooking with GUT

Cakebrain said...

wonderful looking dessert! I love the picture with the cross-section!

My Asian Kitchen said...

this cake loook great!! must try one day soon!! Merry Xmas to you and family!!

Smoky Wok (formerly Tastes of Home) said...

What a festive looking bread :D

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and family lily!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...