When i saw this posting from Florence's Blog . I knew i had to give this recipe a try. I have always liked this biscuit but does not know what it is called. This biscuit is very delicious and since we do not know what the name is, my family used to call it 'scrappings from the chopping board'.
Thank you Florence for sharing this recipe but this is not the type that i like - the white part of the biscuit is right but not the flavored part. Anyway, this is very good as a snack and thank you again, Florence.
(A)75g plain flour
0.25 tsp baking soda
0.75 tsp salt
1.5 tsp fermented yam
2 tsp corn oil
100g plain flour
1. Mix (A) till a smooth dough is formed.
2. Mix everything in (B) till well blended. Add in the flour and knead till a smooth dough is formed.
3. Roll dough (A) into a rectangular flat sheet.
4. Roll dough (B) into a rectangular flat sheet.
5. Apply some water to the surface of dough (A)
6. Stick dough (B) on to the top of dough (A).
7. Roll it up swiss roll style and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.